The Lane Agency October 2015 - at PresentCommunity management (Graham's The Family Dairy - food sector, Munro Recruitment - recruitment sector, Simpson & Marwick - property sector)
● Content Strategy (Graham's The Family Dairy, Explore Argyll - tourism sector, i-on Magazine - publishing & lifestyle sectors).
● Social Strategy (Graham's The Family Dairy, Explore Argyll, i-ion Magazine, Simpson & Marwick, Munro Recruitment)
● Content Creation (various clients across sectors)
● Attending pitches and presenting on Social & Content.
● Giving talks to boost The Lane's profile (talks on social media across the UK and have now been invited to speak at an IPA event - advertising's professional body - on creativity).
● During my time at The Lane I've also sought to expand my knowledge and experience by attending a PRCA (PR's professional body) course on Crisis Communications and an IPA session on Creative Brainstorming.
Comedian / Comedy Writer / Radio, Newspaper, Magazine Contributor / Social Media
Freelance September 1998 - at Present● Award-winning stand=up comedian (now retired).
● Scottish Variety Awards winner 2010.
● Runner-up Scottish Comedian of the Year Finals 2008, 2009.
● Comedy writer for TV / Radio / other comedians.
● Best Writer nomination at Scottish Comedy Awards 2016.
● Hosted comedy workshops for charities & initiatives.
● Regular contributor, BBC Radio Scotland (comedy / social media).
● Occasional contributor, BBC Radio Five Live (comedy angle).
● Community Managed Viola FC football agency social presence, earning media coverage.
● Produced social content for That Lot Agency & Big Carlos Agency.
● Copywriting for npower TV adverts (via That Lot Agency).
● Produced social advertising copy for M&C Saatchi Mobile.
● Wrote sports column in The Dunfermline Press (online & print presence) for 2 years.
● Restaurant reviews for The List magazine's Eating & Drinking Guide annually since 2010.
● Articles published in The Skinny Magazine & STV.tv.
Content Marketing & Outreach Specialist
Ambergreen Internet Marketing July 2015 - October 2015● Worked across content strategy and content creation for Ambergreen clients and for the agency itself.
● Advised events and entertainment site WOW24/7 on content strategy, designed to maximise search and social traffic.
● Advised PwC company MyFinancepartner on Tone of Voice for their new website, attended a workshop at company HQ in London to this end and produced copy for the new website.
● Also produced PPC ad copy for My Financepartner.
● Worked with Gleneagles Hotel to optimise their website content.
● Worked on blog content strategy for Artesian, a social selling intelligence tool. Created blog titles from this, devised a structure for them, engaged and managed copywriters to produce the appropriate content.
Social & Content Manager / Content Strategist
Caliber June 2014 - July 2015Content Strategist from March 2015
● Blog content strategy and creation for Expedia.
● Devised content strategy and produced blog content for Blu Cigs UK.
● Worked on devising content ideas for a range of travel clients including Orbitz and TUI.
Social & Content Manager up to March 2015
● Created social posts for Thorntons.
● Created social posts for Expedia.
● Created planned & reactive social content for corporate clients and for the company itself.
Identifying and engaging with influencers.
● Community managed s1jobs.com.
● Advised on content strategy for s1jobs.com to service both b2c and b2b facing parts of their offering.
● Created b2b and b2c blog content for s1jobs.com, including sourcing interviewees and carrying out interviews.
● My creative output earned the agency coverage in The Drum (for a Chip Shop Awards entry) and in the Scottish Sun (for creating a hashtag which went on to top the UK trending topics).
Social Media & Copywriting
Webwise Creative October 2013 - June 2014● Community Management for 2 Hilton Hotels in Scotland. This also included blog content strategy and blog content creation.
● Community Management for Flexistore Storage, as well as social strategy and content creation for their student-facing Twitter account. I also advised on blog content strategy and created blog content.
● Community Management and campaign management for The Edinburgh Clinic in the healthcare sector.
● During my time at Webwise I was asked to speak at the Creative Loop Event in Glasgow, sharing my social media experience with media students during a Q&A session at the event.
The Comedy Unit August 2005 - July 2007Though titled script editor, the role also involved:
● Researching various development proposals.
● Managing clearance on any copyrightable clips or images used on BBC1 Scotland's Offside.
● Editing submitted content and managing relationships with writers, including requesting changes or giving feedback as necessary.
● Creating original scripted content for programmes across BBC1 Scotland, Channel 4, BBC Radio Scotland and BBC Radio 5 Live.
● Producing episodes of BBC Radio Scotland's Watson's Wind-Up.
● Appearing as a sidekick on the BBC Radio Scotland programme The Summer Supplement.
● Appearing as a football pundit and comedian BBC Radio Scotland's Keep Off The Grass.
“Whether for tv or radio, if you’re looking for gags then you really want to give Teddy a call. Whatever the subject, however short the deadline, he delivers.” Philip Differ, producer of BBC1 Scotland’s Only An Excuse? and BBC Radio Scotland’s Watson’s Wind-Up
The Art of Creative Brainstorming workshop
IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising)
2016 - 2016
(1 year) Edinburgh